Appen is excited to offer project opportunities to individuals around the globe. Our diverse community includes contributors spanning 170+ countries, speaking 235+ languages and dialects, allowing us to help clients reduce potential bias in their data sets, create models that work for everyone, and support our goal of AI for Good. To be eligible for and to remain part of our contributor community, your account must meet the below standards. If Appen determines that any of the standards were violated, the associated accounts will be deactivated, and workers will no longer be eligible for projects.
Contributors are who they say they are
• Project workers are real humans (not bots)
• Each account represents a unique individual, and information provided by the project workers reflects who they are in real life. Project workers should not provide false information to qualify for specific projects.
• Project workers should have an individual account, in good standing, with an approved Appen Payment Provider.
• Project workers are not permitted to sell or purchase accounts or falsely change account information.
Contributors act with honesty, integrity, and respect.
• Project workers must do the work themselves. The use of bots and collusion with other workers is not permitted.
• Subcontracting is not permitted unless otherwise agreed upon with the company.
• Invoice hours must accurately reflect work completed.
• Project workers cannot falsely present themselves as employees of Appen.
• Project workers must operate in accordance with local regulations and should not engage in criminal activity whilst conducting work on behalf of Appen.
• Communication must be professional. Profanity, abusive or derogatory language will not be tolerated.
Contributors are appropriately skilled to do the work
• Project worker profile accurately reflects the worker's skill set and is not embellished to increase opportunities.
• Project workers must complete any qualification processes as themselves.
• Project workers are not permitted to sell, purchase or create materials that result in the skills of project workers being misrepresented.
• Posting guidelines or other project information on social media, YouTube, Reddit, etc.. is a violation of the NDA.
Contributors are located where they say they are
• Project workers must be located where they say they are.
• Project workers cannot falsify their location to qualify for specific projects.
In case of further inquiries, please send us a ticket HERE.