To minimize work rejection on projects it’s important to comply with project requirements and comply with guidelines provided by the Appen team.
Understanding Project Requirements:
a. Before applying, carefully review the project description and requirements.
b. Make sure you have the necessary skills and tools.
c. If you have questions or want clarification, please raise these via ticket before applying.
Reading Project Guidelines:
a. Once selected for a project, you'll receive or have access to project guidelines in Appen Connect.
b. Take the time to read them thoroughly and avoid rushing through.
c. Regularly review the guidelines, especially for long-term projects, to stay aligned with the latest instructions.
Engage with Project Managers (PMs):
a. PMs are there to support you, so communicate regularly with them for clarifications or guidance through our ticketing platform.
b. Take feedback or additional instructions from PMs seriously and make necessary adjustments.
Consistent Quality Checks:
a. Regularly review your work to ensure it aligns with the project guidelines.
b. Utilize self-review or feedback mechanisms provided by the platform to continue to improve.
Addressing Payment and Work Rejection:
a. If you have a task that has been rejected or there's an issue with payment, reach out to the project team by raising a ticket here.
b. Provide all necessary details to help them address the issue quickly.
Payment Dispute Process:
a. If there's a payment dispute, please follow the process outlined here.
b. Gather evidence (e.g., screenshots, email communications) to support your claim.
c. Contact Appen's financial or project team with a detailed description of the dispute.
d. Allow a reasonable time frame for investigation and response.
Common Reasons for Work Rejection:
- The submission does not correspond to the expectation as per guidelines.
- The submission was incomplete (e.g., only 5 items out of 10).
- More than one person submitted work under the same account.
- The work was completed by someone not eligible to complete the work.
- The same person completed more than the number of allowed work per person. Any additional work or submission will be rejected.
Quality Review Process:
- All submissions will be reviewed by humans to ensure quality.
- Most projects pay based on accepted submissions, unless otherwise stated.
- Following project guidelines is necessary to maintain work quality.
- Understanding and following instructions prevents work rejection and ensures timely payments.
- Open and respectful communication with the Appen team is crucial for a positive and productive relationship.
If you would like to dispute work being rejected, please follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Reiterate your concern in the same ticket thread, highlighting any unresolved aspects or new developments.
- Step 2: If, after the second response, the issue remains unresolved, you may request to speak with a senior project team member. Our senior team is committed to ensuring fair resolution and will review the entire ticket history to understand the dispute comprehensively.
- Step 3: Post-review, the senior project team member will reach out to you with their findings, proposed solutions, or additional steps, if any.
Once you've submitted a ticket, our team aims to address your concern promptly. Typically, you can expect a response within 1-3 business days. If there's a high volume of disputes, this period may extend slightly, but we always strive for quick turnarounds.
If you have further inquiries, fill out a ticket HERE.