We value our Contributors and the work they do every day to deliver our industry-leading AI lifecycle products and services. Underpinned by our Code of Ethics, every Contributor can expect to be treated respectfully and compensated fairly for their vital work.
- Our goal is to pay Contributors above minimum wage in every market around the world where we operate.
- We uphold the principle of equal opportunity for all our Contributors, irrespective of their demographic characteristics. However, some projects necessitate specific demographic or geographic characteristics. This could entail gathering information on age, ethnicity, gender, or language to align the contributors with the project's demographic representation. This approach aims to promote inclusivity and mitigate bias in our clients' projects and products, and such details are clearly mentioned in the respective project descriptions.
- Contributors are free to select projects they qualify for without their past performance on other projects affecting their eligibility (unless they have violated our Contributor Standards). However, standout performers may occasionally be invited to apply for specific projects.
- Appen will not preclude Contributors from working with our competitors. There may be some projects where our customers require that Contributors are not working or connected with a competitor project, due to sensitive proprietary information, but this will be made clear to applicants on project pages.
- It is not our standard policy at Appen to impose specific work schedules. There may be some projects where our customers have requirements around when work is performed, but this will be outlined in the project requirements and Contributors can choose to work on these projects or not.
- Whenever there is the possibility that Contributors might be exposed to harmful or offensive content, they will have the choice to skip review of that content and can report it and access support. It will always be made clear in project descriptions if there is a possibility of this.
- Everyone has a valued voice at Appen, and feedback from our crowd helps us to continuously improve. If you have any questions, concerns or need help, our team is on standby and can be reached by raising a ticket here. We will aim to respond in two days.
- Unless otherwise required by third parties or our legal obligations, we will provide notice within a reasonable timeframe (endeavouring for 21 days' notice) of any changes to our contracts that materially affect your rights and obligations. Any changes we need to make will not reverse any accumulated rights on which Contributors have reasonably relied.
Here are a couple of links where you can learn more about Appen's Code of Ethics, Modern Slavery Policy and scam identification:
- Our Crowd Code of Ethics
- Global Ethical Sourcing and Modern Slavery Policy (appen.com)
- How do I know if something is a scam? – Appen
If you have any questions, please send us a ticket HERE.